Friday, July 8, 2011

Post Seven: MuffinPlagueRat Vs. Mirror's Edge

Mood: competitive
Song I'm Listening To: Still Alive from Mirror's Edge (No cake here, folks...)

XXX

So...I was supposed to buy Portal (the first one) today. Unfortunately GameStop didn't have a used copy, and only had the copy that came in a bundle with that sequel to that other game I don't really feel like buying. I didn't really feel like buying a game I didn't want just to get one I did. I'd be spending money on something I didn't want. I just wanted Portal, damn it! So I decided to buy Mirror's Edge (my second choice) for thirteen bucks for the X Box 360. Then I found a copy of Final Fantasy XII (I bought 13 a few weeks ago. It's great!) under the play station 2 titles for ten bucks. I decided to get both with my twenty dollars I had, and just give my dad four bucks later. I'm so fucking happy!!!! :)

The second I got home I immediately popped Mirror's Edge into the 360. I got about half way through the training part of the game (before the story actually starts) (Actually, I can't really decipher what half way through is, since I've never played the game before. I had to jump from one metal pipe to another. That's all I know), and the game decides to freeze up. I restarted the game twice, and it kept freezing at the same point each time! Needless to say I got rather agitated.

So I decided to wait till my dad got home so I could ask him for help. In case we needed to exchange the game or something. I decided to try playing FFXII instead. Then I remembered that my dad's PS2 lacks a memory card. The one we stole from my mum's house has a memory card, but I have no clue where it is. So I have to wait till my dad's done at our neighbour's house before I can play the game. 

So anyway...this is why I hate buying used games. Unfortunately, however, It's nearly impossible to find a new copy of the old final fantasy games (I consider FFXII old, since it came out about four years ago) and even harder to find a new copy of Mirror's Edge (or, at least our local GameStop doesn't seem to have one...). I just home that FFXII works fine. The store only had one copy. Most of my games are new, except for Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. But it works just fine. DS games are harder to screw up. But used games are often cheaper, and I hardly ever have any money. I managed to get two used games today, rather than not even being able to afford one new game. 

Today I had therapy. We talked about my mum today, like usual. We also talked about my plans for the future. Seeing as my dreams were crushed several years ago when I found out that "ice cream taste tester" is not appropriate job, and even more recently when I found out that "professional geeks" only exist in my brain, I decided to start thinking of good careers. The medical field would be nice...like a nurse practitioner or something. But I'd love to be a psychologist. That'd be amazing :)

My medication has been changed again. I've been put back on risperdal, and my dose of trileptal has been upped. I saw a different doctor today, and she says that I should be on both a mood stabilizer as well as an ant-psychotic rather than one or the other. I need both to balance everything out. Hopefully I should see some change over the next several weeks.

Well, that's my day.  I just realized how long summer is, and I'm not even half way through it yet. I've got a looong way to go. So I'm going to use that time to rewrite Monster (the book that I LOST) and play video games. And I plan to do all that without getting fat. Sounds to me like the perfect summer.

Peace, love, and video games,

Muffin Plague Rat

P.S. MY EMILIE AUTUMN BOOK STILL HASN'T ARRIVED IN THE MAIL YET!!! eh hem. yea. still waiting. I'm going to go lurk the forum now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment