Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Post Five: Aquarium Adventure

Mood: Tired...still can't sleep (it's been over 24 hours by now...)

Song I'm Listening To: Te Amo by Rihanna (LESBIANSBUTNOTREALLYFTW!)

XXXX

Dear Blogger.com,

So earlier today I talked about how I was going to the local aquarium with my neighbour and his kids. Turns out, those kids are LITTLE. The little boy is four, and the baby girl (who is oh so adorable!!!) is six months old. They're such cute kids! I love children. They make me think differently. I don't know...kind of look at my life in a different way.

But let's start at the begining.

About an hour after I posted this morning's post (Post Four), I got dressed. A Hello Kitty t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans with a pair of black high tops. I wore blue eyeshadow (to match the rainbow on my HK shirt) and a lot of black eyeliner. I parted my hair to the side, faking the tapered bangs look (I have straight bangs). My hair isn't layered, so it doesn't teas well unfortunately. If my hair had decided to work with me this morning, I'd have had my "scene kid" look put together rather nicely! Complete with eyebrow piercing (I WANT snakebites, but my sister wants those so I won't steal her thunder. I'll just settle  for spiderbites and a Monroe). I'm also gonna bleach my hair white-blonde. And get it layered. Sure, the "scene" look is rather overused and it IS a fad, but I think it's cute! And I love the music associated with it.

Anyway...

We got to the aquarium and I just kind of went off on my own, blasting techno on my iPod. I hardly go anywhere without music blasting in my ears. It makes being out in public less stressful for me.

But then came the scary moment when I decided to turn off the music and face the music of the real world. There were people around me. Not very many, but there were still people. Some people (mostly little kids) were looking at me and my odd getup. I don't care about what people think of the way I dress. that doesn't phase me anymore. But these little kids were looking at my arms. One little girl even asked me what happened to my arms. I didn't say anything. I just smiled at her and walked away. She couldn't have been onlder than seven. The four year old boy we were with even asked me multiple times what happened to my arms. I told him I fell down. Even his dad made a rude comment about how it looked like I'd been attacked by a cat or gotten stuck in a bush. He said it jokingly, but a fourty year old man with kids MUST know about cutters and that they don't like to be questioned, right? I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, though.

And that four year old. He was so engaged with everything that was going on. It was fascinating to watch! He was always asking questions, and telling us to come look at something. There was one time where I was looking at some random (boring) fish (fish are food, not friends), and he actually took my hand and pulled me over to look at some sort of giant shrimp thing.

Now, I hate to be touched. Even with my best friends, I almost never make contact with them. Just awkward half hugs. But this little kid took my hand. What was I supposed to do? Run away? I wanted to. But he's just a kid! It was different. And I went with him, to look at the giant shrimp thing. And we talked. I've always found it funny how sometimes it's easier to talk to little kids than it is to talk to people my own age. Sometimes. other times, kids just piss me off. I hate cleaning up after them.

Needless to say, this was a very...different experience.

After that, I spent a good twenty minutes in the girl's restroom having my own little private rave to Blood on the Dance Floor. I think at some point an old lady walked in while I was dancing and singing (somewhere around "s my d, pop it out like lipstick..."), gave me an O_o face, and walked out. But I wasn't paying attention.

What then? Well, once we were done at the aquarium, we went to the beach to look for sea shells. The four year old found all these rocks and broken shells he (oh so aroably) thought to be the best thing since Jesus. I found a pretty shell, handed it to him, and watched him throw it off into the distance saying "I don't want that dirty, ugly shell!". Sure, it was rude. But he was only four! So I had to laugh at that. It was kind of cute.

Again, the music was off. There were only a few people around, but that gave me lots of space to run. I found it dificult to stand still. I had to move, but I didn't want anyone to think it was odd. Plus, my sister was there. Whenever I have an episode around her, she makes a big deal and states that I'm just faking it. I felt uncomfortable. I wanted to run. But I didn't.  I distracted myself by talking to my sister...about piercings. She told me that she doesn't like spiderbites. I'm still totally going to get them anyway ;)

After getting through all that, I came home. My sister went to her babysitting job, and I came here. To my blog. My internet home. I love you, blog :)

Long post is long.

Love,
MuffinPlagueRat

No comments:

Post a Comment