Monday, August 1, 2011

27: Mum's "Interesting" Text

Mood: WTF
Song: On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez

XXX

Dear XXX

So this morning just as I'm heading out the door to go babysit, I get a text saying that I'm not needed till around 12:30. Again. This sucks because that means I'm only going to make about 13 bucks today. I'm only working two days today, and my plan was to make 40 so my total would be about 95 bucks. I was going to split the total and put half into savings (blah) and spend the other on crap I need. That is the reason for my WTF mood.

My sister hasn't been home all weekend, which really takes away some of the WTF mood, however. She'll be back tonight because she has to babysit tomorrow. I can't do Tuesdays because of group.

I have a therapy appointment tomorrow at nine in the morning and group at four. So...and since neither my dad or step mom can really leave work to get me, I guess I'll be hanging out at the library all day till my dad gets off work at two thirty. Sucks, really. I just went last week.

So according to a text SM (actually...that's supposed to stand for "step mom",  but I KNOW someone is going to interpret that the wrong way) got my mother has been involuntarily institutionalized (hold for applause and rabid cheering). The thing is, I think she's trying to make us all feel guilty. The text was from her boyfriend's phone, but the wording made it look like my mum had written it. NOBODY can possibly have that much sympathy for her. I can totally see her lying about something like this. She's supposed to be living with her boyfriend, but was apparently institutionalized in a different city. That makes sense, how?

It doesn't. We all think she's lying. I'm praying to the god I don't believe in that she isn't. But she's a compulsive liar, so the odds that she isn't are very slim. the text said that she was trying to hurt herself.

Wait a second...

She's got way too much pride to hurt herself. She's bulimic, and throwing up is the only self destructive behaviour (along with unsafe driving, drinking, and eating) that she's ever displayed. I know my mom pretty well, and I know she wouldn't try to kill herself. The whole pain thing is MY trait. She's just trying to make us all feel sorry for her so she doesn't have to show up in court this month. I know this because she's spent her entire adult life doing that. In her (retarded) game of life, the guilt card is her favourite one to play. It's always been like that. The text completely glorified herself. I don't believe it one bit.

"Steve's" text kept saying that he was crying when they took her to the hospital.

(deep breath) WHAT THE FUCK???? And she thinks nobody cried when I was institutionalized??? She's got no idea how my dad must have felt when the police put those handcuffs on me. I cried. I felt like a horrible person. No matter how many times they told me I'd done nothing wrong, I still thought myself to be a horrible person.

I'll talk about my time at Holly Hills hospital in a later post. There's so much more to this story, but I can't talk about it anymore. I know that it sounds like I'm being a complete bitch about this, but you don't know my mum. If she really is in a hospital, then that's where she needs to be. Perhaps something good will come out of this.

Love,
Leeches. <3 (do emoticons work on this thing???)

No comments:

Post a Comment