Sunday, August 28, 2011

37: Weight

Mood: Fat
Song: Arms by Christina Perri 

XXX

I think I have a slight problem. I feel fat. No, I get that all people feel fat at some point in their life, but for me it's really bad. Every time I eat I feel like I've gained ten pounds. Problem is, even if I'm not hungry I eat. Even if it's just a handful of chips, I feel so fat afterwards. I had a serious meltdown this evening, and I upset my sister by accident. 

I took a really great quiz that told me that I'm at a healthy weight. Now all I have to do is maintain that weight and I'll be good. We have an exercise bike in my parent's room which I can use, and I also live near a bike trail where I can take walks. The quiz gave great information like what my BMI is and what percentile it is in. It based my BMI on my age, my height AND my weight. A lot of places online only base your BMI on your age or weight rather than both. I'm very small for my age, but I've been through puberty already (duh), so a lot of online resources don't give me accurate responses. You can take the quiz here: http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/obesity/l/bl_amifat_quiz.htm

But that doesn't excuse the fact that I FEEL EXTREMELY FAT!

But then again, I AM smaller than most people. That means that my stomach is smaller than most people my age, therefore it fills up much quicker than a regular 17 year old girl. Even if I eat a little bit, I feel full. I have to remember that even if I feel full, that does NOT mean that I'm fat. Being full and being fat are two completely different things.

I feel better now :)

Love,
Leeches <3

No comments:

Post a Comment